The Bigsby Vibrato Tailpiece
The Bigsby Vibrato Tailpiece is a time-proven design and has been used by Gretsch Guitars for more than 55 years. Since the 1950’s the Bigsby Vibrato Tailpiece has been the choice of world-class guitar builders for standard equipment on their premium guitars. Following Paul Bigsby’s original formulas from the early fifties, Bigsby tremolos are still hand-cast, hand polished and hand assembled. Hand cast aluminum frames, stainless steel handles, and nickel-plated string bars assure years of trouble-free service.
- Crimp the string at a 45-degree angle next to the ball end (A)
- Feed the string underneath, around and over the axle (B).
- Place the ball end of the string onto the axle pin (C), keeping tension on the string to hold the ball in place.
- Push a foam wedge (D) into the space under the axle to keep the string in place on the pin while winding.
- Wind the string onto the tuning machine, tune to pitch and remove the foam wedge.
- Repeat for each string.